Thursday 18th to Sunday 21st August 2011
Saturday Night – Johnny Nicky Band replaces Ducks Deluxe due to illness.
Special members only preview on Wednesday 17th.
The REAL ALE list is complete but still subject to minor last minute changes.
Ascot Ales – Camberley, Surrey (2007)
- Single Hop Sorachi – 4.6% – *New* Light copper IPA with herbal subtle spicy flavours (Sorachi)
- Single Hop Apollo – 4.6% – *New* Light copper IPA with orangey citrus aroma from the hops (Apollo)
- Red IPA – 5.5% – *New* Insanely hopped IPA,.(Centennial, Cascade, Nelson Sauvin & Summit).
- Chilli Exile – 5.0% – *Special* Exile Stout with added chilli (Cascade)
- Coconut Cayenne – 4.6% – *Special* Alligator with added coconut (Cascade)
- Last Of The Blue Devils – 8.0% – *Special* the 4th AJ special brewed to commemorate the passing of club member `AJ’ in this exclusive series of “Last of the Blue Devils” Imperial Russian Stouts (Cascade)
Betjeman Brewery – The Shoulder of Mutton, Wantage, Oxfordshire (2011) (Cuckoo Brewed)
- Slough Bomb – 6% – IPA (brewed at Old Forge)
- Sebastopol – 7% – Imperial Stout (1 brewed @ Old Forge & 1 @ Halfpenny)
Bingham, Ruscombe, Berks (2010)
- Doodlepitsch – 5.0% – *Special* Doodle Stout with Dusseldorf schnapps Killepitsch (Goldings, Target)
- Ginger Doodle – 5.0% – *New* Ginger Stout. (Goldings, Target)
- Triple Hopped Tipple – 3.7% – * Special* Dry-hopped Twyford Tipple. (Target, Willamette)
- Outer Space Hoppy IPA – 5.0% – *Special* Dry-hopped Space Hoppy (Willamette)
Black Cat Brewery – Groombridge, East Sussex (2011)
- Black Cat Original – 4.2% – *New* full flavoured well hopped ale. (EKG & Styrian Goldings)
- Black Cat Hopsmack – 4.0% – *New* refreshing golden ale. (Amarillo)
Braydon Ales, Preston, Wiltshire (2009)
- YerTiz – 4.1% – Well balanced, triple hopped, full-flavoured bitter (Challenger & Fuggles).
- Galley-Bagger – 4.3% – Golden, well-hopped ale. (Fuggles, EKG, Styrian Celeia & WGV).
- Pot Walloper – 4.4% – Ruby coloured best bitter with malty undertones. (Challenger & Fuggles).
- Gert Ale – 4.8% – Russett coloured strong bitter ale. (Cascade & Fuggles. Late hopped with Challenger).
Brewshed, Bury St Edmunds (2011)
- Pale Ale – 3.9% – *New* Easy drinking pale with Maris Otter malts. (Northdown & Cascade).
- Best Bitter – 4.3% – *New* Best bitter with Maris Otter, wheat & dark malts. (Fuggles & Northdown).
Byatts Brewery – Coventry, West Midlands (2011)
- Coventry Bitter – 3.9% – *New* Standard bitter stuffed with flavour. (Fuggles & Goldings).
- Phoenix Gold – 4.3% – *New* Pale and thirst quenching. (Cascade, Centennial, Willamette)
- Urban Red – 4.5% – *New* Dark Ruby premium ale. (Cascade & Challenger)
Canterbury Brewers – Kent (2011)
- Foundry Man’s Gold – 4.0% – *New* Golden ale with citrus & elderflower aromas. (Citra & Magnum).
- Canterbury Wheat – 4.4% – *New* American style wheat beer made with a 50/50 mix of wheat & barley. Light summer thirst quencher. Hops: Target & US Cascade
- Foundry Torpedo – 4.5% – *New* Straw coloured ale with an explosive, crips finish. Hops: Bramling Cross & US Cascade
- Street Light Porter – 5.8% – *New* Dark, malty porter with strong toffee-chocolates and licorice finish. Hops: EKG & Willemette
- Summer Wheat – 5.0% – *New* Belgian-style wheat beer brewed with a yeast developed over 20 years and subtly spiced with orange peel & coriander seed. Hops: Magnum
- Canterbury Haka – 4.1% – *New* New Zealand recipe South Pacific Pale Ale with a deep but fleeting bitterness. Hops: NZ Green Bullett & Pacific Gem
Chester Ales – Chester (2011)
- Gladiator – 3.8% – *New* Session beer.
- Imperial – 5.2% – *New* Indian Pale Ale.
- Corvus – 4.6% – *New* Dark Ruby Ale. Brewed in the Yorkshire style, this premium ale is brewed using wheat, 3 other grains and a combination of 4 different hops to form a nutty and sweet aroma followed by a smooth, satisfying finish. A ruby beer that can be enjoyed in any weather.
Complete Pig Brewery – Britwell Salome, Oxon (2010)
- Hallacre Gold – 4.2% – Refreshing golden ale with only pale malts. (Challenger)
- Red Lion Best – 4.5% – Bronze best bitter with a nutty flavour. (Challenger)
- Oxfordshire Black Porter – 3.8% – *New* Porter with chocolate & sultana flavours. (Challenger)
Devilfish, Hemmington, Somerset (2011)
- Devils Best – 4.2% – *New* session bitter with slight liquorice aftertones. (3 including Cascade & Fuggles).
- Blonde Bombshell – 4.5% – *New* Hoppy, zesty blonde ale. (4 including Cascade & Goldings)
- The Gold Devil – 4.2% – *New* It’s That Gold Devil (called love again) and you will love this delicious liquid gold! It is our newest beer but it has proven so popular that we’ve decided to make it one of our all-year-round ales. It’s got character, a beautiful fruity nose and a taste that is bold and refreshing. The perfect gold blend!
- Stingray – 5.5% – *New* – One of only 16 firkins of this strong ale in existence—the rest is in bottles.
Halfpenny Brewery – Lechlade, Gloucestershire (2008)
- Four Seasons – 4.3% – *New* Thirst quenching straw coloured, citrus ale. (Cascade, First Gold, Northern Brewer)
- Anniversary Ale—4.2% – Ruby ale first brewed to celebrate the brewery’s1st birthday.(Challenger, Cascade, First Gold, Fuggles)
Havant Brewery – Cowplain, Hampshire (2009)
- The 7 Pointer – 7.0% – *Special* A Traditional IPA style beer hoppy dry pale and packed full of only English ingredients.
Kent Brewery – Birling, Kent (2011)
- Club Cascade – 4.0% – EUSC Special. A highly hopped and dry-hopped cascade golden ale.
- Chilli Pale – 4.0% – A blend of Pale with selected chillis to provide both added flavour and an extra kick.
Loddon, Dunsden Green, Berks (2003)
- In Yer Face American IPA – 6.0% – *New* US style IPA with huge mouthfeel. (Cascade, Centennial & Crystal)
Longdog, Basingstoke (2011)
- Longdog Gold – 4.0% – *New* Dry-hopped hoppy golden ale with bags of citrus (Green Bullet)
- Brindle Bitter – 4.2% – *New* Hoppy yet malty best bitter. (Challenger & Goldings)
Old Dairy, Rolvenden, Kent (2010)
- Heiferweizen – 5.8% – Specially brewed for this Beer Fest, this is a German style cloudy wheat beer with the sweet smell of bananas and a refreshing fruit and cloves taste. Made with malted wheat and barley, Saaz and Styrian Goldings hops and German wheat beer yeast. (Saaz & Styrian Goldings)
Old Forge – Coleshill, Oxon (2010)
- Blacksmiths Gold – 4.0% – Golden ale with refreshing floral aroma. (Cascade, Fuggles & Goldings)
- AnvilAle – 3.8% – Amber coloured bitter with a malty fruit finish. (Challenger, Goldings & Progress)
- Hammer & Tongs – 4.2% – Chestnut bitter with a hoppy nose. (Challenger, Progress & Stavinsky Goldings)
- Sledgehammer – 5.0% – Full-bodied ruby ale (Challenger, Fuggles & Goldings).
- Old Ted – 3.6% – Dark mahogany mild, with a bitter, lasting finish. (Stavinsky Goldings)
Rectory Ales – Hassocks, East Sussex (1996)
- Mild Pilgrimage – 4.5% – Mild
- Harvest Ale – 4.0%
- Rector’s Celebration – 5.0% – *New*
- Rector’s Revenge – 5.4%
Sherfield Village Brewery, Sherfield-on-Loddon, Hants (2011)
- Hindsight – 4.2% – *New* amber bitter with a strong hoppy afterglow. (Fuggles, Golding, Pioneer)
- Foursight – 4.5% – *New* Copper-coloured beer. (Admiral, Fuggles, Golding & Pioneer)
- Threesome – 3.0% – *New* Pale session beer with plenty of hop. (Fuggles, Golding, Pioneer)
- Pioneer Stout – 5.0% – *New* Black stout, packed with chocolate malt and Pioneer hops, and a hint of vanilla. (Fuggles, Golding & Pioneer)
- Pewter Suitor – 4.4% – *New* Refinement of Hindsight with Munich malts. (Fuggles, Goldings, Pioneer)
- Solo Quintessential – 4.4% – *New* Five-hop special (Amarillo & Admiral; late hopped with Galena and Green Bullet; dry-hopped with Motueka)
- Solo Motueka – 4.3% – *New* Single hop, pale golden brew. (Motueka)
- Solo IPA – *New* Strong IPA. (Goldings, Galena, Fuggles & Amarillo)
Surrey Hills Brewery, Dorking, Surrey
- Greensand IPA – 4.8% – New IPA
Vale Brewery, Brill, Buckinghamshire
- Summer Storm – 4.2% – August special – russett coloured bitter with a rich, floral flavour & aroma. (Crystal, Chinook, Northdown).
Waylands Sixpenny – Sixpenny Handley, Dorset (2007)
- Addlestone Ale – 4.2% – Their original flagship ale which launched the brewery back in 2007 under the name Addled Ale. Introduced by a pleasant estery aroma, where hops slightly dominate this continues into the lingering rounded and hoppy aftertaste of this pale copper best bitter.( Pioneer, Cascade, Centennial )
- Rushmore Gold – 4.3% – A refreshing golden ale, clean and smooth tasting with a distinctive citrus hop aroma and flavour, leading to a long bitter finish.(Cascade, Green Bullet, Chinook)
Westerhams – Edenbridge, Kent (2004)
- Bohemian Rhapsody – 4.0% – Bohemian style pilsner lager, Straw yellow lager (yes that means lagered or matured for 6 weeks) hopped with Saaz noble hops with a distinctive hop aroma and bitterness usually found in Bohemian pilseners. (Saaz Noble)
- Hop Rocket: American Pale Ale – 4.8% – made with 3 types of American hops, this golden amber pale ale bursts with citrus, zesty hop flavours.
- Audit Ale – 6.2% – A strong ale, brewed to the 1938 strength and using the same ingredients as the original best selling bottled beer of the Black Eagle Brewery. We brewed this beer for the 2nd SIBA South East of England beer festival and the beer took the Gold Medal in the strong ales category. In the 2009 SIBA National Champion Strong Ale competition, the beer won Silver Medal. Brewed a second time for the 3rd SIBA South East of England beer festival, the beer took the Gold Medal again and went on to win Gold Medal and Overall Champion of the festival. Not bad for an old beer brewed only twice. Made with pale and crystal malts on a huge charge of Kent Goldings hops. Available by special order only. Silver Medal SIBA National 2011, Supreme Champion SIBA SE 2010, Gold Medal SIBA SE 2010, Supreme Champion SIBA SE 2009, Gold Medal SIBA SE 2009, Gold Medal SIBA SE 2008, Silver Medal SIBA National Champion 2008 (EKG)
- National Trust Viceroy India Pale Ale – 4.0% – Supreme Champion Gold Award (Target, Progress)
- ‘Impeared Vision’ perry – 7.4% – Perry, Seriously quaffable, silky smooth using culinary, dessert and wild pears
Dunkertons Cider , Herefordshire
- Medium Sweet Cider – 7.0% – Beautifully balanced; gently tannic
Hecks Farmhouse Cider, Somerset
- Bramley Cider – 6.5% – Medium, Bramley’s Seedling with honey
Pook Hill, East Sussex
- ‘Rum Reserve’ 2009 cider – 8.0% – Medium Dry, Dabinett – rum cask fermented, a serendipitous marriage of cider apple & rum
Sandford Orchard, Devon
- ‘Shaky Bridge’ cider – 6.0% – Medium, CAMRA Cider of the Year 2010 – A rich medium sweet sparkling cider. All the body and bite of a scrumpy, with a fresh apple finish which makes for a distinctly moreish and enjoyable cider. Named after a local landmark in years gone by ‘Shaky’ was a deadly right of passage accross the raging torrent of a local stream, a true test of character, putting the rope bridges of the high himalayas to shame.
Mr Whiteheads Ciders, Hampshire
- Toffee Apple Cider – 4.0% – Toffee flavoured cider
- Strawberry Cider – 4.0% – Fruit infused cider
- Short Week Cider – 11.0% – Dangerously quaffable
Wilkins Cider Farm, Wedmore, Somerset
- Farmhouse cider – 6.0% – Dry, Created by a living legend. Superb real cider
Winkleigh Cider Company, Devon
- Sam’s Dry Cider – 6.0 % – Dry, Smooth as silk, clean as a whistle